1910s

Sites built between 1910-1919. Note: some construction dates listed on this website are approximate and based on currently available information.

Poinciana Elementary School

In 1896, Robert E. Wells and other members of St. Paul AME Church asked the Dade County School Board to provide a black teacher for the community. On September 7th, 1896 the School Board sent a black teacher from West Palm Beach and established Boynton Elementary School. Originally, the school was a one room building on Federal Highway near 3rd Avenue. In 1925, due to segregation laws, the school was physically moved to Wells Avenue and the name of the school was changed to Boynton Colored Elementary.

Read More

Mary Law House

Wood frame, clapboard siding, battered wall base, exposed rafters, continuous four-bay dormers, double-pitched roof, front addition added c.1968/69.

Read More
Subscribe to RSS - 1910s